Welcome to the Australia Channel. We are a service that provides subscribers with linear and on demand video services in all countries except Australia and New Zealand.
The Australia Channel is provided by Sky News, with its registered office located at 5 Thomas Holt Drive, Macquarie Park, NSW, 2113, Australia.
- Communication Preferences. You agree to receive communications from Australia Channel relating to your account in electronic form. These communications may involve sending emails to your email address that you provide to us during registration, and will include notices about your account (e.g., payment authorizations, changes in password or Payment Method, confirmation e-mails and other transactional information) and are part of your relationship with Australia Channel. You agree that any notices, agreements, disclosures or other communications that we send to you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including that such communications be in writing. You should maintain copies of electronic communications by printing a paper copy or saving an electronic copy. It is your responsibility to update your address details with us if they change.
- Membership, Free Trials, Billing and Cancellation
- Ongoing Membership. Your Australia Channel membership will continue month-to-month unless and until you cancel your membership or we terminate it. You must give us 7 days notice of termination for it to be valid. You must have Internet access and provide us with a current, valid, accepted method of payment (as such may be updated from time to time, "Payment Method") to use the Australia Channel service. We will bill the monthly membership fee to your Payment Method. You must cancel your membership before it renews each month in order to avoid billing of the next month's membership fees to your Payment Method.
- Your Australia Channel membership may start with a free trial. The free trial period of your membership lasts for 14 days, or as otherwise specified during sign-up. Free trials are usually for new members only but Australia Channel reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to determine any free trial eligibility.
- We will begin billing your Payment Method for monthly membership fees at the end of the free trial period, that is on the 15th day after you register with us, of your membership unless you cancel prior to the end of the free trial period. To view the specific details of your membership, including monthly membership price and end date of your free trial period, go to click the "View billing details" link on the "Your Account" page. We may authorize your Payment Method through various methods, including authorizing it up to approximately one month of service as soon as you register.
- You will not receive a notice from us that your free trial period has ended or that the paying portion of your membership has begun. Click the "My Packages" option in the user drop down at the top of Australia Channel web page to unsubscribe from the package. We will continue to bill your Payment Method on a monthly basis for your subscription fee until you cancel.
Right of Withdrawal
- You provide your explicit consent to the immediate commencement of your package when you click Buy Package, which allows you to directly stream video on demand and live broadcasts. You acknowledge that you lost your right to withdrawal, but this does not affect your right to cancel your subscription at any time.
- Recurring Billing. By starting your Australia Channel Package subscription and providing or designating a Payment Method, you authorize us to charge you a monthly membership fee at the then current rate, and any other charges you may incur in connection with your use of the Australia Channel service to your Payment Method. You acknowledge that the amount billed each month may vary from month to month for reasons that may include changing or adding a Package, and you authorize us to charge your Payment Method for such varying amounts, which may be billed monthly in one or more charges.
- Price Changes. We reserve the right to adjust pricing for our service or any components thereof in any manner and at any time as we may determine in our sole and absolute discretion. Any price changes to your service will take effect no earlier than 30 days following email notice to you.
- No Refunds. Payments are nonrefundable and there are no refunds or credits for partially used periods. Following any cancellation, however, you will continue to have access to the Package through the end of your current billing period. At any time, and for any reason, we may provide a refund, discount, or other consideration to some or all of our users ("credits"). The amount and form of such credits, and the decision to provide them, are at our sole and absolute discretion. The provision of credits in one instance does not entitle you to credits in the future for similar instances, nor does it obligate us to provide credits in the future, under any circumstance.
- Payment Methods. You may edit your Payment Method information by visiting our website and clicking on the "My Account" option in the user drop down at the top of Australia Channel webpage. If a payment is not successfully settled, due to expiration, insufficient funds, or otherwise, and you do not edit your Payment Method information or cancel your account (see, "Cancellation" below), you remain responsible for any uncollected amounts and authorize us to continue billing the Payment Method, as it may be updated. This may result in a change to your payment billing dates. For certain Payment Methods, the issuer of your Payment Method may charge you a foreign transaction fee or other charges. Check with your Payment Method service provider for details.
- Cancellation. You may cancel your Package at any time, and you will continue to have access to the Package through the end of your monthly billing period. We do not provide refunds or credits for any partial-month membership periods or unwatched video content. To cancel, go to the "My Packages" page on our website and follow the instructions for cancellation. If you cancel your package subscription, it will automatically close at the end of your current billing period. To see when your package will close, click “My Packages” in the user drop down.
- Australia Channel Service
- The Australia Channel service, and any content viewed through our service, is for your individual, personal and non-commercial use only. During your Australia Channel subscription, we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, license to access the Australia Channel service and view video content through the service on a streaming-only basis for that purpose only. Except for the foregoing limited license which expires as soon as this agreement or the service is terminated or cancelled, no right, title or interest shall be transferred to you.
- You may not redistribute or share the Australia Channel service or any part of it or its content. You may not download or keep the content in any way. You may not use the service for commercial purposes in any way. You may not provide access to the service to others, for public performances or for a fee.
- You may view a video content through the Australia Channel service primarily within the country in which you have established your account and only in geographic locations where we offer our service and have licensed such content. Australia Channel will use technologies to verify your geographic location. The number of devices on which you may simultaneously watch is limited to five.The number of devices available for use and the simultaneous streams may change from time to time.
- We continually update the Australia Channel service, including the content library. In addition, we continually test various aspects of our service, including our website, user interfaces, service levels, plans, promotional features, availability of content, delivery and pricing. We reserve the right to, and you agree that we may, include you in or exclude you from these tests without notice. We reserve the right in our sole and absolute discretion to make changes from time to time in how we offer and operate our service.
- The availability of content to watch will change from time to time and Australia Channel may modify or cancel any aspect of its programming at any time. The quality of the display of the content may vary from computer to computer, and device to device, and may be affected by a variety of factors, such as your location, the bandwidth available through and/or speed of your Internet connection. You are responsible for all Internet access charges. Please check with your Internet provider for information on possible Internet data usage charges. Australia Channel makes no representations or warranties about the quality of your watching experience on your display. The time it takes to begin watching content will vary based on a number of factors, including your location, available bandwidth at the time, the video or live broadcast you have selected and the configuration of your device.
- Australia Channel streaming software is developed by, or for, Australia Channel and is designed to enable streaming of content from Australia Channel through desktop and mobile web. You agree that the use of the service is subject to certain third party licenses. Australia Channel and any third party software providers used in connection with the Australia Channel service do not guarantee the continuing compatibility of the device with our service, nor that your use of the Australia Channel service will be uninterrupted or error-free. You agree to look solely to the entity that manufactured, distributed, sold or leased you the device for any issues related to the device and its compatibility with the Australia Channel service. If you fail to log out of the web portal, subsequent users may access the Australia Channel service through your account and may be able to access certain of your account information.
- It is recommended Australia Channel be used with a minimum effective internet line speed of 2.25Mbps.
- The financial data provided on Australia Channel: Business is for information purposes only and is not intended to be relied on or used for trading. The financial data is provided by various financial exchanges as third party services including Shanghai Stock Exchange and China Securities Index Co Ltd. Information is provided in real time and delayed depending on the third party service. Australia Channel does not provide information directly to any of these services. Australia Channel and its third party content providers do not guarantee the information or its suitability, availability, service level, timelines, accuracy or reliability and accept no liability (whether in tort or contract or otherwise) for any loss or damage arising from any interruption, defect, error, delay, inaccuracies or omissions.
Passwords & Account Access
- The member who created the Australia Channel account and whose Payment Method is charged is referred to here as the Account Owner. The Account Owner has access and control over the Australia Channel account. The Account Owner's control is exercised through use of the Account Owner's password and therefore to maintain exclusive control, the Account Owner should not reveal the password to anyone. In addition, if the Account Owner wishes to prohibit others from contacting Australia Channel Support and potentially altering the Account Owner's control, the Account Owner should not reveal the Payment Method details (e.g., last four digits of their credit or debit card) associated with their account. You are responsible for updating and maintaining the truth and accuracy of the information you provide to us relating to your account.
- In order to provide you with ease of access to your account and to help administer the Australia Channel service, Australia Channel implements technology that enables us to recognize you as the Account Owner.
- You should be mindful of any communication requesting that you submit credit card or other account information. Providing your information in response to these types of communications can result in identity theft. Always access your sensitive account information by going directly to the Australia Channel website and not through a hyperlink in an email or any other electronic communication, even if it looks official. Australia Channel reserves the right to place any account on hold anytime with or without notification to the member in order to protect itself and its partners from what it believes to be fraudulent activity. Australia Channel is not obligated to credit or discount a membership for holds placed on the account by a representative of Australia Channel.
- Copyright. The Australia Channel service, including all content provided on the Australia Channel service, is protected by copyright, trade secret or other intellectual property laws and treaties.
- Trademarks. Australia Channel is a registered trademark of Australian News Channel Limited.
- Patents. Australia Channel has patents that apply to our service.
- Use of InformationSubmitted. Australia Channel is free to use any comments, information, ideas, concepts, reviews, or techniques or any other material contained in any communication you may send to us ("Feedback") worldwide and in perpetuity without further compensation, acknowledgement or payment to you for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products and creating, modifying or improving the Australia Channel service. In addition, you agree not to enforce any "moral rights" in and to the Feedback, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Please note Australia Channel does not accept unsolicited materials or ideas for content, and is not responsible for the similarity of any of its content or programming in any media to materials or ideas transmitted to Australia Channel. Should you send any unsolicited materials or ideas, you do so with the understanding that no additional consideration of any sort will be provided to you, and you are waiving any claim against Australia Channel and its affiliates regarding the use of such materials and ideas, even if material or an idea is used that is substantially similar to the material or idea you sent.
Updated and effective for new and existing members: 1 May 2015