- What is the Australia Channel?
- The Australia Channel is a web-based video portal that allows viewers to subscribe to Australian news, business, politics, sports news and public affairs, either on a live or continuously updated basis. The content is a mix of video on demand and live streaming.
- Where is Australia Channel available?
- It's currently available in 180 countries. Australia Channel is the international service of Sky News Australia, it is NOT available in Australia or New Zealand.
- What can I use to stream the Australia Channel?
- You can watch from any Internet-connected PC that has a web browser.
- How do I watch the Australia Channel on my computer?
To begin watching movies and TV shows from your PC or Mac:
- Open an Internet browser and go to watch.australiachannel.com.au
- Sign into your Australia Channel account
- Select a video to Play
The supported browsers are:
- Internet Explorer 11+ on Windows 8
- Firefox 37+ on Windows 8 and Mac OSX 10.10+ (Yosemite)
- Safari on Mac OSX 10.10+ (Yosemite)
- Google Chrome version 37+ on Windows 8 and Mac OSX 10.10+ (Yosemite)
- What internet connection should I have for streaming?
The picture quality while streaming movies & TV shows may vary from computer to computer. Picture quality may be affected by a variety of other factors, such as your location, the bandwidth available through and/or speed of your Internet connection.
The minimum required connection speed is 0.5Mbps, but you may want a faster connection for improved video quality.
While playback works with many different levels of broadband, the speed and bandwidth of your broadband Internet connection may impact your viewing experience.
Australia Channel is a streaming service - content is streaming over the Internet and not being downloaded. Therefore you must be connected to the Internet to view the service.
- How do I subscribe to the Australia Channel?
Australia Channel offers 14 days of service for new viewers. Subscribe to a package and instantly access the entire catalogue of news clips and live streams.
Go to watch.australiachannel.com.au to get started. Just enter your email address and choose a password. Select a package and enter your credit card details to start watching. You won’t be charged during your free trial and you can cancel anytime. After your trial ends, you’ll pay one monthly fee no matter how much you watch.
- How does billing work?
You'll be billed once per month from the date your free trial expires. Australia Channel is a monthly service and will charge you every month on the date you subscribe. Subscription fees are billed at the beginning of each period and may take a few days after the billing date to appear on your account.
If you would like to know your next billing date, packages that you’ve subscribed to, charge or credit history you can visit the My Packages section.
- How do I cancel a subscription to a package in the Australia Channel?
- If you need to cancel a subscription, click the Unsubscribe from Package link on the My Packages page.
- What happens if I cancel a subscription early?
You can continue to watch a package until the subscription automatically closes at the end of your current billing period - even if you're in a free trial.
To see when the subscription will end, choose My Packages from the dropdown.
- If I cancel the subscription, will I be charged?
- You will not see any more charges unless you restart a subscription. If you cancel with time left in your billing period, you can watch content until the account cancels automatically.
- Can I resubscribe if I cancel a subscription to the Australia Channel?
- Yes, just subscribe to a package from the My Account page. The previous subscription must have ended though.
- How do I update my Australia Channel account information?
To update the email address or password, sign in to the Australia Channel to update your email and password information from the My Account page. If you can't sign in with your current password, send yourself a password-reset email. If you have forgotten the email address associated with your account, please contact Australia Channel customer support.
To update your payment information, sign in to the Australia Channel to update your credit card details on the My Account page.
- What should I do if I need further help?
- Please contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org.